Please click the pictures to visit my other blogs:
Jewel in Cambodia Scarves for Cambodia Journals for the Journey

Tuesday, October 26, 2010

A Cobra in a Toilet

If you saw the title and doubted that this post would actually be about a cobra in a toilet, you're wrong! Jason and Rachel Helm, my missionary hosts in Mozambique, recently found a cobra in their toilet for the second time. Imagine...


Yes, it's true, snakes can climb into your sewage pipes and up into your toilet! I imagine Rachel is very insistent that Jason repair those pipes ASAP! They flushed this guy out with five gallons of scalding hot water.


"Lot's of problems with snakes here in Africa!" - Jason

4 comments:

sara said...

wow! makes going to the bathroom at night a whole new experience....I'm thinking you turn on the lights for sure!!!!

Maloree said...

well...
that would not be something fun to wake up to.

Jewel said...

When I was younger, I was never afraid of monsters in my bed.. I was actually afraid of snakes in the toilet!

1) Turn the lights on
2) Look in the hole!
3) Squat, don't sit!

Keetha Broyles said...

This gives the phrase, "it bit me in the butt" a WHOLE lotta new meaning!