Please click the pictures to visit my other blogs:
Jewel in Cambodia Scarves for Cambodia Journals for the Journey

Sunday, October 17, 2010

Congratulations

Congratulations to 9 of my 35 students who graduated from the Wesleyan Bible College in Xai Xai, Mozambique today. I wish I could have been there to celebrate with them; they have been on my mind all weekend. I am so glad that I was able to send notes and pictures to each of the students through a visiter last week. Many of the students and their families made a significant impact on my life, and I know God is going to use them to do incredible things.


Mario and Abrão were my two best friends in Mozambique.
Abrão, Alima, and their baby girl are returning to their province of Nampula tomorrow; it is a 5-day trip by car. Soon, Mario, Cristina, and their two children [their son Japhete is my little angel] are moving to South Africa to begin their ministry. One day I hope to return to Xai Xai, and though I may never see these two friends again, they will always be in my heart.


Abrão's wife, Alima, and their baby girl. I loved making this baby girl smile!


João's wife, Idenia, was my translator when I visited tsongan speaking communities, during my evangelistic tour one afternoon, when I taught community health at the Bible College, and when I preached in her church. Idenia really is a powerful woman, and when she prays, it is as if the clouds roll back, the Heavens open, and the hand of God literally touches each person that is present. I truly was blessed to have her pray over me during my going away party; it is a memory that I will carry forever.
Here Idenia is presenting me with a beautiful capalana from all of the students. I will cherish that simple piece of cloth for many many years.


One of my favorite pictures from Mozambique because it illustrates one of my favorite memories: sitting down to chá (tea) and building relationships. Second to the hours spent with my babies in the cheché every morning, this was the best part of my daily routine! I miss it.

Although Abrão, Mario, and Idenia were three of my closet friends, the others are equally special, but I don't want to bore you with too many stories of past memories.

3 comments:

Heidi said...

You are such an amazing blessing, Jewel.

Jewel said...

Thanks Heidi! I think you're pretty wonderful too. :)

<3 Jewel

Faith said...

wow...what a great experience! thanks for sharing