Please click the pictures to visit my other blogs:
Jewel in Cambodia Scarves for Cambodia Journals for the Journey

Friday, October 01, 2010

Friday's Fave. Five: #17

It's finally Friday again (commence celebratory dance!) In honor of Friday, here are five things that added joy to a stress-stress-stressful week. Log on at Living to Tell the Story and share your own Friday's Fave. Five!

1. God's Promises

‎"The Lord will fight for you; you need only to be still."
Exodus 14:14
♥ ♥ ♥

2. Memories

I miss my babies moçambicanos very very much, but I am grateful for the vivid memories that I have of them (and the pictures and videos too!) I cherish those precious faces! ♥ ♥ ♥

3. Multi-Lingual
After skyping Mario and Abrão in Moçambique, receiving a surprise call from Wilson in Honduras, and emailing Nary in Cambodia, I officially used all five of my languages on Sunday. ♥ ♥ ♥ Mario in Tsonga (mother tongue of Maputo, Moçambique's capital,) Abrão in Português, Nary in Khmer (language of Cambodia), Wilson in Español, and of course, my daily conversation in English.

4. Babies for my Birthday

Jessie and I are traveling south tonight with Mom and Dad to celebrate our belated birthday with sister and brother-in-law and these two gorgeous babies - Baby Mal and Baby Face Leah

5. Good News

A friend going to Cambodia this month has agreed to bring home another load of scarves for me to sell for fundraising for my next trip to Cambodia.

8 comments:

Brenda said...

I love your pictures. The writing kind of got lost in the background, but your pictures are beautiful.

Lisa notes... said...

All five languages? Wow! You’re incredible. What a gift. I love all your colorful pictures. Those scarves are so beautiful.

Anonymous said...

Nice article as for me. It would be great to read a bit more about that theme. The only thing that blog needs is a few pictures of some gizmos.

Kate Karver
disable cell phone

Cindy said...

Memories they are great and with photos you can return to them often. The scarves are a wonderful idea to fund-raise. Have a great b'day with the two babies you will be visiting.

Laura@OutnumberedMom said...

I did that Friday dance today!

Lovely photos, such sweet children.

Have a great week ahead.

Willow said...

My Friday is on Thursday, and believe me, I was going the dance yesterday!

Sweet memories of those babies! Love the photo!

Enjoy your weekend!

Willow said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Susanne said...

Sweet babies. Love the precious faces.

Those scarves are absolutely gorgeous.

Five languages?! Wow, you go girl. That is incredible.