Please click the pictures to visit my other blogs:
Jewel in Cambodia Scarves for Cambodia Journals for the Journey

Friday, October 08, 2010

Friday's Fave. Five: #18

Woo hoo!! It's finally Friday again (commence celebratory dance!) Log on at Living to Tell the Story and share your own Friday's Fave. Five!

1. Yesterday I turned in a significant assignment that consumed nearly all my thoughts and all my time this past week. What a relief it is to have it accomplished and the burden lifted off my shoulders! Of course there is always something else to do next -- i.e. two research papers due Tuesday -- but that great feeling of accomplishment is just what I needed to keep working!

2. I am reminded of God's incredible grace as I received news this week that a friend has been making wrong decisions and choosing an unholy lifestyle. Restoration is possible by God's good grace. Praise the Lord! We serve a God whose arms are always stretched open, waiting for us to come home.

3. My friend Silas just uploaded his pictures from our missions trip to Puerto Rico in July. What sweet memories those pictures held.

4. Wearing my beautiful bracelet that my dear friends in Cambodia sent me for my birthday almost 3 weeks ago. Thanks Vandy and Tess! Love it and love you!

5. Tonight I'm going to a friend's apartment to spend the evening with the girls from my suite last year. I haven't seen Traci, who I lived with for 2 years, since the middle of the summer, and I haven't seen Laura since April. So. Much. Fun!

5 comments:

Lisa notes... said...

Enjoy the relief from finishing your assignment. Yes, it’s a great feeling. Wow, that bracelet is lovely. Have fun this evening with the girls!

Susanne said...

That bracelet is just beautiful!

What a relief to have a big assignment finished off the to do list.

Enjoy your time with your friends this weekend.

Tonja said...

Love the bracelet! Very interesting! I love to have unusual pieces to wear.

Know you are glad that paper is finished! Relax until the next big thing comes up!

Cute pics!

Jewel said...

Thanks ladies! Yes, the bracelet is very unique -- precisely my style!

Willow said...

What a great birthday present! The bracelet will remind you of your friends and Cambodia every time you wear it.

God's grace! Yes, it's important to hold on to that.

The satisfaction of a job or paper well done is a great motivator to keep going on the next ones! Have a great week ahead.