Please click the pictures to visit my other blogs:
Jewel in Cambodia Scarves for Cambodia Journals for the Journey

Friday, August 19, 2011

All Good Things!

Log on at Living to Tell the Story and share your own Friday's Fave. Five!

1. Cracker Barrel ♥♥♥
Yesterday morning, I was hired to be a server at Cracker Barrel - one of my favorite restaurants in the whole world!  I have never worked in food, so I am a little nervous about training, but so EXCITED to start something new and make a little more money! [And seriously, I have had enough job interviews for awhile! 5 in 7 days!]
My supervisor at current job in the cemetery has been so so so good to me as I have been on the job search - totally understanding and allowing me to take extra long lunch breaks for interviews; I am very GRATEFUL for that!

2. Honeymoon ♥♥♥

I finally planned my honeymoon - booking a condo ON Daytona Beach. So excited to relax on the beach with my groom!  We are only about 1 ½ hours from Orlando, so we are planning on visiting Disney World one day. For those who have an opinion, should we go to Magic Kingdom or Epcot?  The "cultural village" idea would be very interesting for us both (since I'm American and he's Cambodian!) but I would also love the enchantment and fireworks at Magic Kingdom. Hmm...

3. Half.com ♥♥♥
Two years ago, I discovered the goodness of half.com and I have saved lots of money buying my textbooks online, and also made lots of money selling my textbooks online.  With the start of universities quickly approaching, our (Mom's, Jessie's, and mine) used textbooks have really been selling.  In August alone, we have made $911.70!! And that's after ebay took 10% sales commission.  SERIOUSLY INCREDIBLE.  Let me know if you want me to teach you how; I would be glad to share the secret! It's super easy; the hardest part is getting to the post office!

4. Good Deals at Goodwill
Dear Goodwill,
          Thank you for three pairs of Docker pants for $11! I can't wait to wear them to my new job.
From,
Someone Satisfied

5. Wedding Planning Progress
Mom and I went to the craft store on Wednesday and bought ribbon, string, and tulle for 20% OFF.  I also collected lots of sticks in the yard from a recent storm. One of my ushers has agreed to be an usher, my pianist has agreed to be my pianist, and another friend has agreed to help me make something like this 'S' [<---] as an alternative guest book (which I am super excited about!!)  I got an antique family heirloom from my grandmom to collect our cards in, and I have been looking at pictures of dessert receptions on pinterest and getting lots of yummy and gorgeous ideas!

Love love love, Jewel

6 comments:

sara said...

congrats on the job!!! I love cracker barrel!!! I would so come to eat at one of your tables if I lived there...to harass you! ha!

and I really like the idea of that S instead of a guest book!

Lisa notes... said...

I pray all goes well for you at Cracker Barrel! (That reminds me I have a gift card I need to use there.) I’m sure you’ll do wonderful.

Honeymoon planned! Fantastic! Such fun times ahead.

Laura@OutnumberedMom said...

Congratulations on the job! Love all the wedding / honeymoon talk. Such a fun, exciting time!

Have a great week ahead.

Barbara H. said...

Cracker Barrel is one of my favorite places, too. Congrats on the job!

And congratulations on the upcoming wedding! It's so nice when plans start coming together. That's a neat idea for the alternative to the guest book.

Catherine said...

I haven't been to a Cracker Barrel in forever. I think my boys would love it. thank you for the inspiration, and Congratulations and good luck! I get a smile on my face reading about your weeding plans. As for disney, that is a dilemma! You'll have fun wherever you choose.
It's great that you've made so much on Half.com. Way to go!
-Catherine

Willow said...

Hurray for the new job and Hurray for wedding planning and Hurray for making so much money selling your textbooks!