Please click the pictures to visit my other blogs:
Jewel in Cambodia Scarves for Cambodia Journals for the Journey

Thursday, August 25, 2011

How to Make the Bed Unto the Lord:

I heard a convo on the radio a few weeks ago about making the bed unto the Lord and I have not forgotten it.  I have thought about it a lot in the last two weeks as I have been cleaning our church building.  If God has given me the assignment to clean His house, I'm going to let no streak remain on the windows, no stickiness cling to the trash cans, no scuff mark lie on the floor, no ink or dye stain the chairs, etc.  The perspective of working unto the Lord has almost blown away my mind.  I forget about ME.  I remember Something bigger.

"Whatever may be your task, work at it heartily (from the soul), as [something done] for the Lord and not for men, knowing [with all certainty] that it is from the Lord [and not from men] that you will receive the inheritance which is your [real] reward. [The One Whom] you are actually serving [is] the Lord Christ (the Messiah)."
Colossians 3:23,24 (AMF)

It's not about perfection, it's about excellence. There's no bondage in it, there is freedom in it - it's about fulfilling the excellence He called you to.

Do Everything by Steven Curtis Chapman:



The way we do our work day by day provides the best exterior reflection of our commitment to serve the Lord in a real, physical way. It doesn't matter whether that work is in the home, in a corporate office, on the mission field, or in the janitor's closet.  May my clean carpets, vents, stairs, shelves, whiteboards, tables, podiums, chairs, toilets, urinals, sinks, mirrors, doorknobs, and windows be a testimony of my love for the Lord.

Love love love,
Jewel

No comments: