Please click the pictures to visit my other blogs:
Jewel in Cambodia Scarves for Cambodia Journals for the Journey

Friday, August 26, 2011

Another Week Passed!

Log on at Living to Tell the Story and share your own Friday's Fave. Five!

1. Lakeview Christian School Daycare ♥♥♥
Last Friday, I told you that I was just hired by Cracker Barrel.  I got another job this week!  On Wednesday morning, I turned in my application at a local daycare and on Wednesday evening, they called me and asked me to start Thursday morning! WOW!  It's been a little confusing/stressful trying to finish my two weeks notice at the cemetery, and start at the daycare, and arrange training at Cracker Barrel, while meanwhile being a church janitor. HA. BUT, I feel blessed to have three GOOD jobs.  I really really really loved the daycare yesterday. 19 2-year-olds on my first day was a little overwhelming, but I enjoyed the cuddling, the head-rubbing and back-patting during naptime, and the one-last-hug goodbyes.

2. Untitled Hymn (Come To Jesus) by Chris Rice ♥♥♥


Weak and wounded sinner, lost and left to die, o raise your head, for love is passing by. Come to Jesus! Come to Jesus and live!
Now your burden's lifted and carried far away; and precious blood has washed away the stain, so... sing to Jesus! Sing to Jesus and live!
And like a newborn baby, don't be afraid to crawl; and remember when you walk, sometimes we fall... so fall on Jesus! Fall on Jesus and live!
Sometimes the way is lonely and steep and filled with pain; so if your sky is dark and pours the rain, then... cry to Jesus. Cry to Jesus and live!
O, and when the love spills over and music fills the night; and when you can't contain your joy inside, then... dance for Jesus. Dance for Jesus and live!
And with your final heartbeat, kiss the world goodbye. Then go in peace, and laugh on Glory's side... and fly to Jesus! Fly to Jesus and live!


3. I Shot a Gun ♥♥♥
On Wednesday night, my college/young adult destination unknown group had a time of "personal and gun safety" and a local police officer came to advice the new college freshman on personal safety.  Marion isn't quite like Noblesville or Gary or Indianapolis, Indiana; but it isn't quite like Mayberry either.  So it was a good idea! After the talk, we went into outside to shoot real guns. I was nervous... pretty nervous, but I thought, "Go big or go home!"  So I shot the shotgun! TWICE!  *Crossing "shoot a gun" off my bucketlist! :)

4. Bangs... ♥♥♥
I got these yesterday. I haven't had a drastic hair change (if you can consider going from 'no bangs' to 'bangs') since I was probably 17, but I decided it was TIME.  I also really needed a trim - hoping it will speed up some hair growth (which is almost a foreign idea to me, despite how quickly my twin sister's hair grows!) before my wedding in only 64 (SIXTY-FOUR!) days.

5. Girls' Night ♥♥♥
I'm really looking forward to a much-needed, very fun girls' night tonight.  More tissue paper pomanders, more scones, more laughs, more memories, and who knows what else!  My fiancé could be arriving in America one month from today and I'm wanting to spend much time with my girls AND get most of the wedding things pulled together before he comes!

Love love love, Jewel

8 comments:

Lisa notes... said...

We ate at our local Cracker Barrel on Wednesday. It was SO yummy. Consistently good. You are a very busy woman!

I love that Chris Rice song too. And your haircut is adorable! Enjoy your girls’ night tonight.

Hazel said...

Whoa Jewel it's great to hear about what's up with you (after being away from blogging in awhile). You got pretty bangs and doing 3 jobs? What a feat! But that's no surprise when you're inspired and in love. I enjoyed reading your faves.

Kari said...

love the bangs! 19 2 year olds - wow that's a lot of toddlers, but enjoy it
have a fun night our with the girls.

Susan@FruitfulWords said...

It's always cool to cross off an item on our personal bucket lists. I talked about my summer bucket list for my fff.

My parents took me shooting when I was younger. I think given the right circumstances I could get into target practice.

I liked your quote "Go big or go home," Never heard that before. I know I will be using that expression now.

I hope you are as productive as you want to be regarding making wedding favours tonight. The time until your fiancée arrives will fly by, don't you think?

ellen b said...

Good for you for all the jobs! I'm glad you are getting a night out with the girls...enjoy. Love the bangs!

Barbara H. said...

Wow, what a neat bunch of opportunities! Glad you'll have a girl's night out! The bangs look cute.

Willow said...

Congratulations on shooting the gun! And crossing that off your bucket list. I'm usually pretty gutsy BUT, I've never shot a gun! You go, girl!

Now it's just 62 days until your wedding :) grow, hair, grow!

Catherine said...

I remember the first time my father taught me to shoot a gun. Congratulations. :)
I like the bangs!
-Catherine