Please click the pictures to visit my other blogs:
Jewel in Cambodia Scarves for Cambodia Journals for the Journey

Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Another Happy Birthday

Happy birthday to my best friend, my twin sister Jessie!! There is no one else I would rather share my birthday with. I cherish her as my friend, and our sisterhood is the most special relationship I have ever experienced.
In 22 years we have experienced death, life, and everything in between. We have shared victory and defeat. When I get discouraged, she sets me straight, and when I am happy, she celebrates with me. We are alike in many ways, but so different in other ways. My sister is strong; I admire her strength and depend on it frequently. She is smart a genius. She is an inspiration and she makes me want to be a better person.










I also share my birthday with another incredible person: Pastor Greg Fernandez, who I call Po Greg (or Uncle Greg.) Po Greg and his family are filipino missionaries to Cambodia, where I met them last summer and they have become indispensable in my life. They are family. Po Greg is a man of incredible wisdom and discipline, an example and an encouragement as I continue to pursue God and His ministry in Cambodia.
When I am in Cambodia and can no longer celebrate with my sister, it will be a blessing and a privilege to share my birthday with Po Greg.

Happy birthday to you both! I love you!

Tune in tomorrow to hear about the celebration!

2 comments:

sara said...

Happy birthday to all three of you!!!

The Igorot Preacher said...

Jewel, Thank you for writing something about me in your blog. Happy birthday to you both.