Please click the pictures to visit my other blogs:
Jewel in Cambodia Scarves for Cambodia Journals for the Journey

Sunday, September 19, 2010

Dancing in the Rain


"Life's not about waiting for the storms to pass,
it's about learning to dance in the rain."
~ Vivian Greene


What if you decided to appreciate where you are right now?
What if you decided there are some positive things to be gained from your situation?
You get to choose how you view your life and your situation.
What do you choose? Are you waiting or dancing?

When we choose not to focus on what is missing from our lives but are grateful for the abundance that is present, we experience life enthusiastically.

So, enjoy this poem “Weather Report” by BJ Gallagher
“Any day I’m vertical is a good day”
…that’s what I always say.
And I give thanks for my health.

If you ask me, “How are you?”
I’ll answer, “GREAT!”
because in saying so, I make it so.
And I give thanks that I can choose my attitude.

When life give me dark clouds and rain,
I appreciate the moisture that brings
a soft curl to my hair.

When life gives me sunshine,
I gratefully turn my face up
to feel its warmth on my cheeks.

When life brings fog,
I hug my sweater around me
and give thanks for the cool
shroud of mystery that makes
the familiar seem different and intriguing.

When life brings the snow,
I dash outside to catch
the first flakes on my
tongue, relishing the
icy miracle that is a snowflake.

Life’s events and experiences
are like the weather -
The come and go,
no matter what my preference.

So, what the heck?!
I might as well decide to enjoy them.
For indeed, there IS a time for every
purpose under heaven.

Each season brings its
own unique blessings…

…AND I GIVE THANKS!

It’s about learning to dance in the rain.


So start dancing, now is the time.

No comments: