Please click the pictures to visit my other blogs:
Jewel in Cambodia Scarves for Cambodia Journals for the Journey

Friday, September 03, 2010

Friday's Fave. Five: NSO Week!

It's finally Friday [initiate celebratory dance!] so that means it's time to reflect upon this week and acknowledge those things that were like sunshine on a cloudy day. Click HERE to visit Susanne at "Living to Tell the Story" and link up to share your Friday's fave five or to read others.

1. Toho Oh No! [Otherwsie known as Townhouse 5**]
Instead of living in the dorms again, my sister, 4 housemates and I decided to move into the larger, nicer, more more upper-classmen-like townhouses on the edge [and when I say 'edge,' I mean 'far edge'] of campus. For the first time in four years, my bedroom is on the 2nd floor but I'm managing and the stairs will be good for me!

2. Osaka Sunrise!
A signature McConn creation of strawberry and orange syrup, with orange juice and Sprite!
Unfortunately I drank my entire cup before I took this picture, but is the only remaining evidence of my first Osaka Sunrise of my Senior year! Note: the hideously bright, traffic cone orange "IWU Uhaul" t-shirt is NOT on my Friday's fave. five list, it is only my required attire for freshman move-in day.

3. Loren!!!!
On Wednesday evening I was reunited with my bff Loren, whom I haven't seen since the end of April! Gag, I know! Last Spring we had three classes together and saw each other everyday; this semester we only have one class together on Mon, Wed, and Fri., but I imagine we will still be seeing each other a lot. :)

Me, Loren, and Hannah in Cambodia

4. Zumba - "Ditch the workout... Join the party!"
There is a new Christian dance studio in town called "Faith in Motion," and they offer Zumba classes Mon. - Fri. evening, and Tues., Thurs., and Sat. mornings. I am loving it!
What is Zumba? It's a very exciting aerobic-dance party atmosphere full of Latin and international music! As I'm sweating vigorously, I forget I'm exercising! I have ZERO previous dance experience, but everything is basically watch and follow, and the routines are repeated weekly with a few new additions to spice things up!

5. 3 Hours of Sand Volleyball

Wednesday evening after Zumba class I joined my bff Loren and quite a few other students for an exciting three hours of sand volleyball on the Hodson/Evans lawn in the center of campus. I met lots of new people and had tons of fun!

11 comments:

Hazel said...

Wow! what a great week of friendship and activities. I agree with the stairs. I take them as often as I can at work; burning calories at no cost. Zumba sounds like something I would be interested in, being lazy with exercise and usually just after the fun :)

Kari said...

sounds like you had a great week.
I'm sure you'll manage the steps just fine since your doing the zumba classes! Anytime you forget that you're working out it's got to be a good thing!
Happy weekend.

Jewel said...

Yes ladies, it was a great week! Hopefully Zumba will get me skipping up those stairs without even noticing they were there! HA.

Andrea said...

Blessings and prayers,
andrea

Brenda said...

I like to hear about a Christian dance studio offering zumba classes, thats great. Sounds like you had a good week and you are starting off a great school year.

momma24 said...

Sounds like a great week! My sister does zumba and I have been curious about it. Glad to hear you like it. :)

sara said...

sounds like you are going to get quite a lot of exercise.....walking to campus, stairs, zumba, volleyball.....oh to be young again! :)

Susanne said...

It sounds like a great start to your new school year.

I've heard of Zumba and would love to try it.

Laura@OutnumberedMom said...

Ah, friends and Zumba -- what could be better? Zumbe does sound like great fun!

I can hear your smile in your post. It sounds like it was a wonderful week for you.

Cindy said...

I hear you had a great week, always meeting up with your best friend will do that.

The drink must have been good.

Sand Volley Ball for 3 hours, we take ours to the beach but I can't last 3 hours

Anonymous said...

Zumba sounds fun. I didn't know it was Christian-based. I did a Google search and found several choices near by. I would love to find an exercise that I love!

Your orange shirt isn't that bad. Of course this is said by someone who's room was orange and yellow during her high school years (in the mid 70's).

BFF's are awesome. So glad you have at least one class with yours.