1. Which is worse: a long, boring meeting or standing in a return/exchange line after Christmas?
I don’t think I’ve ever experience the agony of those post-Christmas customer service lines, but I am actually rather patient (the only one in my immediate family); however, I do get bored, so I can assure you that the long, boring meeting would be greater torture for me.
2. Except for maybe Rosie O'Donnell or Ann Coulter, nobody likes confrontation, yet we all have to deal with it. When you feel cornered and defensive, do you "bite back" or become passive aggressive?
This is one area where my twin sister and I are drastically different; she definitely tends to bite back, and I’m sure she wouldn’t mind me saying so. On the extreme opposite spectrum, I am rather passive aggressive and tend to let people walk on me... though I am learning to stand up for myself and I had some good practice this past summer!
3. Do you know anything about your genealogical background? (What country, culture, ties to prominent historical figures, or other stuff.)
My mother’s parents are Pennsylvania Dutch. My mom was born in Sierra Leone, Africa; which makes my mother African America, and my sister and I mixed! HA. I know my aunt has my paternal lineage traced back many generations, but I’m not familiar with it except that my dad’s adopted dad’s dad (my paternal great-grandpa) was a cousin of James Dean’s dad.
4. What is the quickest way a person can endear him/herself to you?
The key is simply showing an interest in my life (past, present, or future), and though I haven’t yet read The Five Love Languages (on my desk waiting to be read), I’m pretty sure my love language is TIME.
5. Cake, pie, cookies, or ice cream? (Note there is no "all of the above" option. You must choose one. Feel free to elaborate on flavor or memories tied to this dessert.) If you'd like, you can share a recipe, but you certainly don't have to.
I’m not a fan of cake, but I am torn between ice cream and cookies. Ice cream is a bigger treat, so I’m choosing ice cream. Don’t like chocolate.. love vanilla.. love cinnamon.. love butter pecan.. and Christmas isn’t Christmas without Breyer’s peppermint stick ice cream! And in my family, we celebrate birthdays with ice cream cake, not ice cream and cake.
6. Females: Do you regularly change your handbag to coordinate with your outfit?
No. When I get a new purse, I like it so much that even weeks later I would hate to simply throw it in the closet.
7. Are you task-oriented or relationship-oriented?
Relationship-oriented, which explains why I’m not naturally inclined to offer my assistance in the kitchen, but instead remain on barstool chatting it up.
Bob Evan’s food... Cracker Barrel’s environment!
9. Have you ever left a movie in progress in a theater? Why?
The first movie I ever remember seeing in theatres was Dumbo Drop. Mom apparently hadn’t seen previews or read reviews, and we simply chose a movie based on the title; somehow I think we had associated it with Babe (the pig movie!). I don’t even remember catching onto the plot before Mom decided we were too young and we left.
10. What is one area of life in which you would like to develop more discipline or organization?
Every area! HA. I wish I was more disciplined in reading my Bible; next to that: more disciplined in reading my textbooks and regularly reviewing my notes. Though with great pride I declare that this summer I developed strong discipline in my prayer time and strong commitment to exercise. My favorite time of day is the 30-40 minutes of hardcore praying when I’m on the elliptical.
11. Was middle school fun or painful?
Fun! I’m sure I was awkward and dorky, but I was carefree. I was also already very involved in youth group and had amazing friends there.
12. What is your favorite Fall beverage?
Pumpkin pie chai! I’ve asked McConn (our campus café) twice this week when they expect to start offering Fall drinks. Last semester, I was still finishing up their Fall flavors in February and March! Mmmmm. =)