Please click the pictures to visit my other blogs:
Jewel in Cambodia Scarves for Cambodia Journals for the Journey

Saturday, January 02, 2010

Good Intentions for 2010

The following is a list of resolutions [good intentions I call them] for the New Year. I have never been really good at this [making resolutions nor keeping resolutions] but one of 2009's biggest lessons was DISCIPLINE. So, here goes...
-Consistently go to bed earlier.
-Maintain a strict[er] reading schedule for classes.
-Start and finish my Ecuador scrapbook.
-Spend more time in Scripture and journaling.
-Learn to do something new.
-Exercise 4+ hours a week, eat 1+ salad a day, and drink 64+ ozs. of water a day.
-Give away clothes every time I buy new clothes.
-Rise above the little things.
-Volunteer more.
-Honor the Sabbath (that means no homework on Sunday afternoons).
-Send 1+ encouraging note every week.
-Move somewhere warmer [jk! but seriously, it's only 6 degrees outside!]

Side note: There is a woman who claims to be a psychic on Deal Or No Deal right now, and she just knocked off the million. Does anyone else see the irony in the situation?

and PSS: Note my two new countdown widgets in the sidebar. 123 days until Mozambique and 202 days until Cambodia!

and PSS [am I allowed to do this?]: After a full night of food, friends, and fun, my friend Chariya had her baby on the morning of January 1st. To my knowledge, both mother and son are doing well, and I hope to have a picture soon! [Khmer babies are precious little things!]

Older brother Ruben [Ben Ben] on his 1st birthday

4 comments:

Andrea said...

Hope you have a wonderfully blessed New Year.
I have a prayer request on arise 2 write.
andrea

Hazel said...

Happy new year, Jewel! Your countdowns look exciting. Here's wishing you all the best in 2010.

I'm not sure I understood 'no homework on Sunday afternoons, and just curious - are you a Sabbath keeper?

Tonja said...

Great resolutions! I'll bet you keep each one!

Anonymous said...

Nice brief and this enter helped me alot in my college assignement. Say thank you you on your information.