Please click the pictures to visit my other blogs:
Jewel in Cambodia Scarves for Cambodia Journals for the Journey

Monday, January 04, 2010

Pastor Paroath's Church

Can I start by saying that this is my first Cambodia 2010 post and I am so excited about that and so excited about these pictures!! God is so good. God is doing greats things in Cambodia and I am so glad He has again provided an opportunity for me to return there this summer.

Yesterday I re-posted an entry from July so that you could read about Pastor Paroath and his ministry in Kampong Chhnang. If you didn't read it, it's pretty quick, and mostly pictures anyways. I failed to mention in the entry how impressed I am with Paroath's ministry, and how amazed I am with Paroath. He is strong. He is happy. He faithfully and joyfully carries a testimony of God's goodness. And his children LOVE to learn English! I'm anxious to reconnect with him this summer and see what God has done in his life in the past year, to hear what the children have learned, and especially to see this: [!!!]



Ptr. Paroath and Ptr. Greg working together


It's bigger than I had thought it would be!

[Our team fell in love with Paroath's children and his heart for his ministry, so we decided together that we wanted to do something to support him. We decided to cut back drastically on our living expenses and the 7 of us shared 1 large room at each hotel we stayed in. We also made more humble decisions when choosing restaurants and menus. At the end of the trip, we gave about 1/3 of the building project costs, and then were able to send over the rest later in the summer.]

2 comments:

Andrea said...

What a beautiful ministry!

Blessings, andrea

Loren said...

:) Love it! and yay you are officially going back! i cant wait to talk to you when we get back! love you!