Please click the pictures to visit my other blogs:
Jewel in Cambodia Scarves for Cambodia Journals for the Journey

Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Tuesday's Random Dozen

I'm posting 12 random things because it seems to be the only way my brain is working today...


1. My friends Nathan and Jade have been in the process of adoption since mid-October when they flew to Uganda and met their son Samuel. It's been a difficult process to wait wait wait, especially as they had thought Samuel would be home before Christmas, but they trusted God and finally finally finally Nathan spoke with their lawyer yesterday and Jade left this morning with her dad to go to Uganda!!! God is already moving in a big way! First, he prompted Nathan to call the lawyer; second, He prompted Jade's dad to pack a Bible - a book he has never read! [<-- Samuel's passport photo - I can't wait to meet him!]

2. The bathroom is an odd place to have ants, isn't it?

3. My countdown to Mozambique is officially less than 100 days!

4. Apparently obtaining an international drivers license and learning how to drive a stick-shift is on my to-do list for the near future, because after three weeks with my team, I'm on my own and will be given a 1956 vw beetle for all my transportation needs. Word of the trip: Experience.

5. I'm trying to complain less about the weather; it's something I have felt convicted about. But.. let's be honest.. it was 54 on Sunday afternoon, and it's been snowing since Monday morning! Tomorrow's high is 32. 27 on Wednesday. 23 on Thursday. 22 on Friday. 26 on Saturday.

6. I'm going to Florida for Spring Break in 31 days. I repeat: Florida. 31 days.

7. White gummy bears are my favorite, and are actually my twin sister's least favorite. All the white gummy bears for me!!

8. Group projects: Students hate them! Why do professors assign them?

9. Have you seen the movie Up? I'm usually not much into animated movies, but this one is so precious!
Carl Fredicksen, a retired balloon salesman, is part rascal, part dreamer who is ready for his last chance at high-flying excitement. Tying thousands of balloons to his house, Carl sets off to the lost world of his childhood dreams. Unbeknownst to Carl, Russell, an overeager 8-year old Wildnerness Explorer who has never ventured beyond his backyard, is in the wrong place at the wrong time - Carl's front porch! The world's most unlikely duo reach new heights and meets fantastic friends like Dug, a dog with a special collar that allows him to speak, and Kevin, the rare 13-foot tall flightless bird. Stuck together in the wilds of the jungle, Carl realizes that sometimes life's biggest adventures aren't the ones you set out for.
10. I'm in the process of filling out my graduation application. I can't believe that in two semesters I will be a college graduate! Oh my stars.

11. Last Wednesday I wrote "replace trash bag" on my to-do list. I finally did it this afternoon, a full week later! How is it that I am too busy to put a trash bag in the can, but I'm not too busy to blog? Oh, I know... blogging is an escape from my to-do list!!

12. I just love Skype so much! This morning I talked to my friend Titus for the first time it what felt like three months, but really was probably more accurately only three weeks. :( On that note:

No distance of place or lapse of time can lessen the friendship of those who are thoroughly persuaded of each other's worth.

-Anonymous

1 comment:

sara said...

ants go where there is water!

are you going to Mozambique for the summer? how long will you be there?

The first care I learned to drive was a VW bug that looked just like that only beige!!!

will you take me to Florida with you? please?