Please click the pictures to visit my other blogs:
Jewel in Cambodia Scarves for Cambodia Journals for the Journey

Sunday, March 22, 2009

Footloose and fancy-free??


So here is the story.. I've been at my desk since 5:45 on Friday evening.  I've left only twice to eat, though once I did take the long way back because it has been marvelously beautiful outside, and I did go to church this morning, then to Grandmom's for lunch.  So how many hours is that?  Like way more than 24 I'm pretty sure.  I've been working on an exegesis paper on James 4:1-10 for Inductive Bible Study.  I just started Thursday night, and it's due on Tuesday.
I have been so stressed.  It's ridiculous.  I had two of the worst mental breakdowns I have ever had.  It's been craaazy in here!  I waited all week for a weekend, and didn't realize that I would spend all weekend on my booty at my desk - flipping through Bible concordances, and from reference page, to reference page, to reference page.
Remember my friend Bonaventure?  He is refugee from Rwanda, and a student of nursing here at IWU.  He is taking my mom now and she is super hard (super hard.)  He has anxiety problems, and before his last test Jessie and I baked him alot of cookies and well -- evidently they're lucky cookies, because he scored the highest grade in the class and brought his average up significantly!  So tonight, Jessie and I took a half hour to make him cookies.  We also wrote him a sweet note.  Jessie remembered 1 Peter 5:7 and I was like VWA-LAA, perfect. "Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you."  I later forgot the reference and when I did a little keyword search, I found this::

You who are young, make the most of your youth.
Relish your youthful vigor.
Follow the impulses of your heart.
If something looks good to you, pursue it.
But know also that not just anything goes;
You have to answer to God for every last bit of it.
Live footloose and fancy-free—
You won't be young forever.
Youth lasts about as long as smoke.
Ecclesiastes 11:9-10 (The Message)

Whew!  I feel a little better.

1 comment:

Keetha Broyles said...

Great picture of your EYES over the top of that journal!!!