Please click the pictures to visit my other blogs:
Jewel in Cambodia Scarves for Cambodia Journals for the Journey

Friday, March 27, 2009

I stand amazed by a miracle.


I wrote this Sunday, September 9, 2007, but I wanted to re-post it.


For the duration of one long and intense week I felt strong pain and experienced great GREAT discomfort in the lid of my right eye. The reasons are unknown. Perhaps I sliced it while applying eyeliner, or it was possibly due to sleeping in my contacts for two nights, or maybe, yet improbably, I was bitten by a vampire in the night. Nonetheless, I was hurting. Every hour on the hour I applied medicine, but there was no progress, no healing. In my pain, I was discouraged. I wanted my mom, the nurse, who woman always heals my wounds, to fix it quickly. She would know what to do; unfortunately, that was not an option.

Sparing you some details... I awoke and struggled to open my eye. It was difficult and it was disgusting, but I persevered. Once again – did I have another option? The process of inserting my contacts was gruesome.  (I am legally blind without contacts.)  I cried; I cried like a baby. I got in the shower and said “God, I’m giving this to you. I know You can do this.” In that moment, I had faith that could move mountains. Almost without thought, scripture verses were constantly approaching to mind. “No one is like you, O Lord; you are great, and your name is mighty in power.” And “O Lord, You are a refuge from the storm. You are a shelter from the rain and the heat.” Also, “If you believe, you will receive whatever you ask for in prayer." And, “You are the God who performs miracles; you display your power among the peoples.” He is the Great Physician; He is the Lord who heals. I have seen the works of His hands. I had my eyes closed in prayer for about ten minutes, and when they were opened - there was no hurt, there was no irritation, and my vision was clear. There was no doubt in my mind that God had reached down His mighty hands and touched my eye. “He is the one who is worthy of your praise, the one who has done mighty miracles that you yourselves have seen.”

I still remember this morning.  I remember standing in the shower, crying.  It hurt SO bad, and I was really discouraged; but my faith was strong, and I know that is why HE touched me.

2 comments:

Jade said...

How amazing is this! I just can't get over the fact that GOD, as huge and mighty as He is, wants to reach down and heal an eye irritation! I love how he cares about the littlest things. What a cool moment where the Lord let you know that you ARE His! How awesome! It made me tear up!
I love you!

Jewel said...

He made the whole word and has what like 6.5 billion children, and He cares about my 1 little eye!