Please click the pictures to visit my other blogs:
Jewel in Cambodia Scarves for Cambodia Journals for the Journey

Wednesday, March 04, 2009

A woman rather confused..

I went to the dentist this morning for the regular cleaning, and the lady was asking me about my summer plans.  Now, I consider myself a very friendly and sociable person, but, when I'm in the dentist chair, I do struggle carrying my share on the conversation.  I think it has something to do with ten fingers and two tools in my mouth.
Anyways... I told her that I will be teaching English for six weeks in Cambodia and she was rather impressed.  She asked, "Teaching English, huh.  So, you speak Spanish pretty well then don't you?"
"Yes ma'am I do... (but NOT in Cambodia.)"


Cambodia is in Asia, a country very far from any spanish-speaking nations.  The people of Cambodia speak Khmer.  It looks more like this:::

No comments: