Please click the pictures to visit my other blogs:
Jewel in Cambodia Scarves for Cambodia Journals for the Journey

Monday, July 12, 2010

Mozambique Mondays: I miss my babies!

From now on, until I run out of pictures and stories, every blogging Monday will be Mozambique Monday. I still have so many things to share, but life [unbeknownst to me] is continuing on ahead and I don't want to neglect the things of present, so I'm going to limit my Mozambican blogs to Mondays. Here is the first of at least a few more. :)




I miss Japhete and his kisses. I miss eating with him on my lap. I miss how he told everyone, "It's Joya! It's Joya!"


I miss Irashmo's laughter, tight hugs, and squeaky voice. I miss carrying him on my hip; I miss consoling him when he cried. I miss kissing his cheeks.


I miss my little helper Jonah and his beautiful eyes.


I miss beautiful Maria and how she sang so sweet. I miss how she cuddled me when she was sick, and how she always ran off to tell the other children when I arrived.


I miss Simeon's hand in mind, and the way he fit perfectly in my arms while he slept. I miss having tea at his house, and wiping his nose with his shirt.


I miss Markito, the cutest baby in Mozambique. I miss how he always smelled so sweet, and I miss chasing him as he waddled away.


I miss Tatenda and her sweet countenance. I miss her beautiful little sister who never cried.


I miss Gabriele and his always smiling face. I miss cuddling with him and carrying him on my back. I miss how he would always look deep into my eyes.


I miss Timoteo and his chubbiness. I miss him running up to me in the mornings, hands reaching up. I miss how he attempted to repeat everything I said to him.


I miss João and his scratchy voice. I miss how his eyes lit up when I arrived, and how he gave the best morning hugs. I miss his laughter and how he always asked to carry my bag.


I miss Calamesa and her politeness. I miss her innocence and her sweet smile. I miss seeing the joy on her face when I swung her in my arms.


I miss beautiful Elena and her sweet voice. I miss her chubbiness. I miss watching her head bob as she fell asleep.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Such sweet pictures.