Please click the pictures to visit my other blogs:
Jewel in Cambodia Scarves for Cambodia Journals for the Journey

Saturday, October 03, 2009

A Day With C.S. Lewis

I have spent most of the evening with C.S. Lewis, and a good part of yesterday also. If you read yesterday's post, you know that the first thing on my weekend to-do list is finishing Lewis' Mere Christianity and writing a four-mat reflection. I have special news that I will share with you later, because for now I only have time for a short passage from Lewis' book:


Some people nowadays say that charity ought to be unnecessary and that instead of giving to the poor we ought to be producing a society in which there were no poor to give to. They may be quite right in saying that we ought to produce this kind of society. But if anyone thinks that, as a consequence, you can stop giving in the meantime, then he has parted company with all Christian morality.

I like it.

Look forward to my exciting news in the next day or two!

No comments: