1. On an average, how often do you splurge and buy something for yourself?
Never more than once every other week, which is when my paycheck comes!
2. What is the last creative project you began/finished? Feel free to post a pic of it.
My 2009 Cambodia scrapbook! (Scanned pages to come soon?)
3. OK, Goldie Locks, do you consider your house too big, too little or juuuust right?
I’ll choose to answer according to my dorm suite, because it is definitely not too big, and in reality not too little, I suppose it is just right!
4. What is your favorite outdoor chore?
I love outdoors, but I don’t necessarily enjoy chores like mowing or raking or shoveling. Planting flowers is fun... painting fences... washing cars... again, not my favorite things to do, but semi-pleasurable things to do outside. I do enjoy hiking, and some others may consider that a chore!
5. If you knew that cigarette smoking was not bad for your health but would be a weight loss tool, would you use it? Why or why not?
I wouldn’t. My roommate works at a bingo barn and smoke smells so dirty!
6. On a road trip, would you rather drive or ride?
There is no debate, I prefer the passenger seat!!
7. What do you consider a trivial pursuit?
The streets of India. Most because of it's portrayal in the movie Born into Brothels. Click HERE for a blog I wrote after watching the movie.
Born Into Brothels is a documentary which follows the lives of several unforgettable children who live in the red light district of Calcutta, where their mothers work as prostitutes. Zana Briski, a New York-based photographer, gives each of the children a camera and teaches them to look at the world with new eyes. It deeply portrayed the hopelessness of a life in the brothels -- very sad.
EDIT: I thought the question said TRAVEL pursuit. So that is how I chose to answer it, and now I realize it says TRIVIAL, and I'm not going to change my answer. :)
8. How long do you watch a movie or read a book before giving up on it?
I certainly won’t quit if I have already invested a good amount of time, or if I’m considerably closer to the end than the beginning. I’m quicker to turn off a movie if it’s cheesy, and to put down a book if it cannot be easily understood.
9. Is there a song that you really love but are embarrassed to admit because it's not cool or it's racy or because it's by Hall and Oates?
I enjoy the Gaither Vocal Band very much. There isn't another voice in this earth that gets to me like David Phelps. Oooo baby!
10. On a scale of 1-10 (10 = extremely) how spontaneous are you?
I have a hard time answering this question. I’m not a very spontaneous person, but I do enjoy it! So.. I’m going to choose any number bigger than 5, but probably smaller than 9.
11. Are you a food and/or beverage snob?
No? HA. I don’t think I can identify a food or beverage snob.
12. Who/What are you trying to control in your life?
I would love to have control of my future. Right now I'm waiting for a response from World Hope in regards to my application for a TESOL (teaching English as a 2nd language) internship in Kratie, Cambodia next June/July.